The Baptist Theological College was founded in 1957 by the Philippine Mission of the Baptist General Conference. At its inception, the stated purpose of the school was to train men for the pastorate. The first class of four men began their studies in June of 1958. For the first nine years of its existence the school was known as the Baptist Bible School of Cebu.
Baptist Theological College, Inc. is committed to provide theological education for Christian leaders and workers. BTC, Inc. trains BCP and other churches and ministries. BTC, Inc. provides training for those in pastoral ministry as well as necessary training for those called to special ministries (missions, non-government organizations, public school teachers, orphanages, etc.).